Terms and Conditions of Car Hire:
- Driver must be 21 and over.
- A national driving licence is sufficient.
- Our car hire prices include unlimited mileage.
- You can only book a car hire category; we cannot guarantee a specific model, since the cars are rented out on-site and subject to availability.
- A security deposit of 150-450 CUC, depending on car hire category, must be paid by cash or credit card prior to rental. Provided there is no damage to the vehicle, this amount will be refunded in full at the end of the rental period.
- Insurance is mandatory and must be paid for upon collection of the rental vehicle (£ 10 per day, paid in advance for Medio and Economico car hire categories)
- Insurance includes fully comprehensive cover. Insurance does not cover stolen tyres, mirrors, hubcaps and/or radio/cassette/DVD players. Unnamed drivers are not covered. If driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the insurance is invalidated.
- There is a fee of 3 CUC per day for any additional drivers named on the contract.
- The first tank of petrol must be paid for upon collection (45-50 CUC). On return of the vehicle, the tank does not have to be full. Any fuel in the tank at the end of the rental period will not be refunded.
- Airport pick-ups and/or drop-offs will incur a further fee of 20 CUC each.
- If the pick-up location differs from the drop-off location, there is a one-way fee to be paid on arrival.
- One day is defined and charged as 24 hours.
- During the peak season and low seasons, the minimum rental period is five and three days respectively.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to rent child seats or navigation devices in Cuba.
Notes: Sprachcaffe acts only as a booking agent for the car hire contract. Accordingly, we accept no responsibility or liability for the assignment or use of the vehicle. The contractual partner is the respective car hire company. Complaints and claims must be resolved on-site between you and the rental car agency. Our team in Havana are available to help with the process. If making a complaint, please present a copy of the rental contract. Any damage should be reported to the police immediately.
Subject to change: All information regarding local rates, return fees, insurance premiums and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notice or by local legislation. You will receive detailed conditions on collection.